Registration deadline:26 June 2022
Apply for Sixth Edition of Social and Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC)! Acceleration and Capacity Building Program to nurture high-impact entrepreneurs and growth potential on the African continent.
Social and inclusive business camp It is an acceleration and capacity building program. It is intended for entrepreneurs who have an impact project on the African continent and are ready to expand.
It is a mixed support software, including:
- 3 months of distance training On a dedicated online platform, alternating between interactive virtual classes with international experts and learning resources to consult independently.
- One week of intensive training camp in MarseilleFrance, in partnership with Emerging Valley Summit (an event dedicated to emerging innovations between Europe and Africa)
- Possibility for each participant to follow a guideExperienced graduates of the program
- Networksby integrating into an active and ambitious international community of 240 entrepreneurs and connecting with investors and financial partners during Bootcamp.
Since its first edition in 2017, SIBC has supported 240 entrepreneurs with a strong social impact in Africa in their transition to expansion, in measuring their social performance and in their fundraising readiness.
The program is organized around 4 main themes
- Leadership, Governance and TeamBetter define your goal and mission, organize your governance, and organize your teams for successful growth
- moreAdapt your business model and build an expansion strategy to maximize your impact (with a special focus on female leadership)
- ESG & ImpactDefining ESG policy and impact and measuring your social performance
- Investment readinessDetermine your financing needs, understand investor expectations, and prepare to raise funds
To apply, the company must meet all of these criteria:
- Be a legally registered company
- Demonstrate positive impact in Africa: social or environmental impact, activity serving vulnerable groups (women, people with disabilities, refugees…) and/or integrating vulnerable populations into their value chain as customers, distributors, suppliers or employees
- Prove that you have customers first, sales volume and a balanced economic model or a medium-term profit goal
- Have a desire to grow and offer an expansion strategy that considers maximizing social or environmental impact
The candidate representing the Company, hereinafter referred to as the “Applicant” or “Nominee”, must be the founder, co-founder or director or at least be in a position to make strategic decisions for the Company.
The following will not be eligible:
- individual applications
- NGOs that do not have a business model or profit objective
- Public and semi-public organizations
- Enterprises in the project stage (without first revenue, prototype, or proof of concept)
Conditions of participation in the program:
- The candidate representing the Company, called the “Applicant” or “Nominee”, must be the founder, co-founder or director or at least be in a position to make strategic decisions for the Company;
- The applicant must ensure that he/she has stable enough internet access to be able to follow the training and exchange sessions in good conditions;
- The candidate must be able to dedicate time to the program from September to the end of November 2022, averaging approximately two hours per week during this period
- It is hoped the active participation of the winners in the SIBC community and with future winners through mentoring etc.
- May 9 – June 26 2022: submit requests
- June 26 – July 8 2022Screening of applications and selection of 40 participants selected by the Federation and the Selection Committee
- July 18 2022Announcement of the shortlisted candidates.
- end of August 2022: Starting the program and distance learning
- end of november 2022: One week intensive training camp in Marseille and participation in the EMERGING Valley Summit
The application file must be completed on this platform and consists of:
- Application form to be completed (questions about the project leader, the company, its structure, impact, and its expansion strategy)
- Proof of legal registration of the company (registration document, articles of association, etc.)
- Financial statements for the last 3 years (or if the company is younger, since its inception)
- Detailed CV of the project leader
- If you wish, a presentation or presentation of your company (optional)
for more information:
Visit the official webpage of the Social and Inclusive Business Camp 2022