Deadline: September 23, 2022
Do you have a startup or deep tech project that uses advanced technology to answer a societal or industry challenge? Apply now for the Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge 2022.
The Global Challenge is a popular international startup competition organized by Hello Tomorrow since 2014. It is uniquely designed to meet the needs of early stage deep tech startups across all industries.
The challenge gives deep tech and science entrepreneurs around the world a platform for their ventures, providing opportunities for equity-free financing, global visibility, and networking with key players in the deep tech ecosystem. To date, winners and past winners have already raised more than $2 billion in funding.
- Nearly 800 startups will be selected to receive global recognition “Deep Tech Pioneer” and gain exclusive access to:
- An international deep tech network to take advantage of opportunities for visibility, financing, and communications.
- Investor Day to participate in one-on-one meetings with over 200 top-tier venture capitalists and venture capitalists.
- Global Summit to interact with industry leaders, investors, accelerators and fellow founders specializing in specific sectors by invitation only.
- Sixty finalists (6 finalists for each track) will be selected to compete in front of a select audience of 400 people to compete for a stock-free cash prize: €100,000 for the grand winner, €30,000 for second place and €20,000 for third place. The 10 winners will also receive in-kind prizes in the form of customized training sessions by experts and personal introductions with relevant investors, partners and potential clients.
- Additional Corporate Tracks co-curated with our corporate partners will provide more promotion opportunities and customized rewards.
merit – eligibility
They welcome startups that:
- Are in the early stage of development (from unincorporated startups through to Series A or early commercialization)
- It is based on a new technology, scientific discovery, or complex engineering process.
- Obtaining scientific proof of their claim, proof of concept, prototype, or in one production process.
- Have a team of at least two people.
- It is not a subsidiary or affiliate of an existing company.
- Expect an economically viable application in the market within 15 years.
- It has the potential to have a strong impact on the target industry, and on society or the environment in general.
Judging takes place in 3 distinct steps. Applicants will be informed of the progress at each step.
- Deep Tech Pioneers – The jury selects the best startups based on the quality of their online application and welcomes them to the Tech Pioneers community so that they can have instant access to the benefits available.
- Finalists – The jury selects approximately 6 finalists for each track. These finalists will be invited to present their performances during the Grand Finals at the Summit in Paris.
- Track Winners and Big Winner – A jury made up of investors, companies, scholars, and other experts in the relevant field selects Track winners and, ultimately, the Big Winner follows their bids to the top.
Applications are reviewed by expert jury members (investors, entrepreneurs, CEOs, researchers and other experts in the relevant field). For Grand Finals held during the World Summit, a list and profile of the jury members will be published online and made available to applicants prior to the event.
Applications are judged according to the following criteria:
- Technological innovation: A company must develop a product/service based on a new technology, scientific discovery, or complex engineering process.
- Impact: The company must have the ability to make a significant, long-term impact on the business and/or society.
- Economic viability: The company must have well-crafted development plans, objectives and a sustainable business model.
- Team: The company must have visionary leadership and the capabilities to drive the company towards success.
During the Grand Finals at the Summit, members of the jury evaluate and select projects based on the quality of the presentation and the complementary information provided to them about the startups after the initial selection rounds (one-page summary and presentation set).
Your application to participate in the Global Challenge is completely free and does not involve any obligation or obligation. Hello Tomorrow does not claim any kind of decision or authority or take any stake in the projects or startups that you apply for.
Click here to apply
For more information, see the frequently asked questions and visit Hello tomorrow global challenge.